Friday, November 16, 2007

The Holidays Are Upon Us

The last few years I've let the holidays overwhelm me. This year I went back to my "old" ways and started my Christmas shopping early. My shopping is nearly done and it's less than a week before Thanksgiving. What I haven't bought yet, I've at least planned out and that makes me feel good.

Thanksgiving will be low-key this year with Steve's family celebrating it in Florida. But with my 20th high school reunion that weekend, we're staying put. Plus we're taking J to his first "real" concert next week, the Brian Setzer Orchestra. They are a band I've wanted to see for over 10 years and for one reason or another, I've not been able to. J has loved their music since he was a toddler. I can't wait to see his face when we get to the venue next week.

1 comment:

Neila said...

You're way ahead of me! I have most of the shopping for Ellie done but that is it..besides stocking stuffers. Aimee and I will be hitting the stores on Friday morning IF there isn't a new baby. It could happen anytime. Aimee is predicting Thanksgiving Day.

Have fun seeing Brian Setzer! I like their music. We will be seeing Transiberian Orchestra on the 13th and I CAN'T WAIT!