Saturday, January 20, 2007

What's gone on with my blog? With my life?

Sad to say, I have lapsed sorely in my blogging duties. Truly pathetic I know. So, you ask, what the hell have you been doing since the end of August?

Cliff Notes version:

September:
  • Sent my J off to first grade with a big grin on his face, only to have that grin change when he lost one of his upper teeth.
  • Got to go behind the scenes at the NASCAR race in Loudon, NH--stood within feet of Kevin Harvick, the Cat in the Hat, and Benny Parsons (rest in peace BP, who passed away on the 16th of this month).
  • Became the den mum for J's Tiger Cub Scout den--Lord help me!
October:
  • Steven & I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary quietly--hopefully our 15th will be rockin' in Vegas baby!
  • Visited my aunts down in Connecticut and shopped while down there for quilt fabrics for J's quilt.
November:
  • Both J & I tested for karate belts. We both earned our yellow major stripe. Only accomplished one board break with my foot and possibly broke a few bones in my fingers (too stubborn to actually go find out since there would be nothing they could do for that anyway).
  • Spent Thanksgiving week in Florida at my in-laws new house with the whole fam damnily! You know I need to escape when on Thanksgiving I took the car and went to Wal-Mart for peace & quiet. No. I'm not kidding.
  • While in Florida, lived a life dream by going to the Kennedy Space Center. One of the few times in my life I felt tiny in the universe while standing under a Saturn V rocket.
December:
  • Steven finally painted our bedroom a beautiful yellow (Benjamin Moore Mellow Yellow #2020-50)! Can't wait to finish decorating it!
January:
  • Tested for and earned my blue belt in karate. Accomplished both board breaks for the first time (I RULE!). Took a nasty, uncontrolled kick in the abdomen from an opponent during sparring. Stupid git never apologized.


  • Partied last night with the karate chicks.
There! Almost five months of catching up in one post! What's next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you updated your blog!

You've been VERY busy!!!
: ) Kathy