Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Is it time yet? I still have not decided whether or not to go to the Grand Hallows Ball at Borders on Friday night. Part of me wants to go because it's the last one of it's kind. Then the practical side of me says, "It's going to be hot in the store (after all, it is July) and there will be no place to sit while waiting." So there is the sensible side of me dictating that I just go on Saturday morning--then lock myself in my air conditioned bedroom reading all day. And night. And the next day. I really cannot wait to see how Ms. Rowling wraps up this amazing series of books.

I've got lovely memories of these books. Mum & Dad gave me the first three books at once. They had already read them and knew I would love them. I scoffed, after all, they were children's books and I was 30 years old. But they read them. I didn't start reading them until J was born. The evening routine would be get him down for the night, spend some time with Steven, and then go to bed around 9:30. J would wake up for his 10PM bottle, which Steven would give to him. Then we would have a quick cuddle before we both settled in to sleep. And while I'd go to bed early, I would read these enchanting books. Once I started Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I was hooked. Simply hooked. There's no turning back now.

No comments: