Friday, April 11, 2008

Lookee! It's My New Brain!!!!



Check it out! My new brain arrived today! I have long been a PDA kind of girl. My first was a Palm, can't remember what model it was, but it was a handy little thing. Back in the day when Steve worked for Compaq, he bought me an iPAQ 3835. That was nearly seven years ago. Lately it's been a bit dodgy. We tried a new battery, but it still continued to waffle, especially with the change in Daylight Savings Time. That was just ugly in terms of booking appointments and synching them with my calendar in Outlook.

I looked into other PDA type technologies. I was hard pressed to find the technology that did not include a cell phone. It's all well and good to combine the technologies, but I love my little pink Motorola phone that is only about 6 months old. And there are times when I don't want to carry all of my technology at one time. But I did check out a Samsung phone that just didn't do it for me.

Having a Windows interface with Excel was critical. I am a list maker, always have been, probably always will be. Sure enough, my heart and head were led back to the iPAQ technology. Amazon.com got my new iPAQ 111 (a/k/a My Brain) shipped out with lightning speed. So here it sits on my desk, communicating with my Outlook to load all the data in. There have been a few hiccups, but I've yet to meet a new piece of technology where there weren't any.

Ahh, my Brain feels whole again......

No comments: