Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Road to Hell is Just Down Those Stairs

There is an old saying, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." When Steven travels, I always try to line up a project to keep me busy and make some sort of dent in the house somehow. My intention for this week was to buy a couple more of the Rubbermaid shelving units, set the up in "his" side of the basement and move some of the junk over there that clogs our basement. I had even intended to buy some clear boxes and sort stuff in the basement to sell on Ebay. I will be the first to say I have several hobbies that have fallen by the wayside or have changed direction on, that the casualties of are in the basement (rubberstamps that I don't want to use any more, cross stitch patterns, boxes of DMC floss, etc. ). I would love to arrange them in such a way that I could easily access them and perhaps arrange a packaging area in. When I go to ship a box, I rummage several different areas of the basement then haul it up here. I would also like to have a good sort out of Christmas decorations and make sure that everything I reallly want to use every year is in one place, not four places. I know somewhere "down there" I have ornaments that haven't graced our Christmas tree in well over 5 years that I would have loved to have put up this past Christmas. I intended to make a pile of stuff to go in a yard sale this year.

Did I do any of that this week? Of course I didn't! Between being sore from my first couple of karate lessons and the basement being bloody cold from the single digit temperatures, I did not want to spend any more time down there than necessary to throw a load of laundry in the washer. So I will look forward to this project as it warms up downstairs and Steven heads west again sometime soon!

Until then, my basement is what hell must look like!

2 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

dude! that dmc floss is perfect for scrapbook pages!! i use it all the time on mine!!

volvomom said...

We're a lot alike! When my husband travels, I just go crazy with projects. However, mine usually involve ripping out tile and stuff like that. It drives him nuts. I want to take down a wall in our house, and I think he's afraid for his next big trip because he'll come home to a disaster! LOL