Friday, June 15, 2007

Schools Out for Summer!!!

Yesterday was the last day of first grade. So not only am I the mother of a seven-year-old, but said child is now officially a second grader! Man oh man! That is exciting stuff.

Second grade for me was one of my favorite school years. I had a wonderful teacher Mrs. St. Andre. She looked out for me from being teased by the other children. When I was having a tough day, she would remind me how special I was and remind me of my strengths such as reading and writing. Second grade was also the year that I had to take remedial gym. Yes, you read that correctly, there is such a thing as remedial gym, I am living proof of that. I was so uncoordinated, I couldn't even jump rope like a normal little girl. Ironically, by the end of the year on field day, I came in first place with my friend Jean Cripe in the three-legged race. Second grade was the year I learned how to write in cursive handwriting. To this day, my writing is far from perfect, but it is unique to me.

No comments: